The Lighthouse Special Education school is an exciting place to work!
The children that attend our school have complex learning challenges. The children learn both in self-contained classrooms and in mainstream classes.
We have the following vacancies:
Please note that all employees and volunteers will be required to have a Good Conduct check (Verklaring van Goed Gedrag) before commencing work at the Lighthouse.
All applications must be submitted in English.
Applications that are not in English or from candidates that do not fulfil the qualification requirements will not receive a response.
The Lighthouse Special Education and Three Little Ships Pre-school is currently seeking volunteers to support our students during lunchtime. Volunteers work across two classes: one self-contained special educational class with students aged 5 years to 8 years and one preschool class with students aged 3 years to 5 years. It is helpful if volunteers can commit to at least one regular day per week on an ongoing basis.
Work hours: (Any combination of) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11.50 – 13.10
The job involves:
- Preparing for the students’ lunchtime, such as laying the table and helping with hand-washing.
- Assisting students with eating their lunch.
- Promoting positive behaviour at the table and in the classroom.
- Clearing up after lunch.
- Supervision of children outside at play.
All applicants must:
- Have experience of working with young children and with children with special educational needs.
- Be a fluent communicator in English.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have a flexible, professional approach.
- Be eligible to live and work in the EU.
Salary details: this is an unsalaried, volunteer post with a small reimbursement of expenses.
Please send by e-mail:
- CV, detailing your qualifications, experience, nationality and eligibility to work in The Netherlands.
- A cover letter detailing your experience and motivation for this work-related opportunity.
- Contact details of two professional references.
To: Ms Hong Ngo